How to avoid double booking your holiday let property in St Andrews
Every host or holiday let manager’s worst nightmare is a double booking. No-one wants to receive an unexpected guest on your doorstep with nowhere for them to stay. There are some simple ways (in theory) to avoid double bookings.
How does a double booking happen?
You may have your property listed on several different holiday let marketing channels such as Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, Trip Advisor and so on, not to mention your own direct bookings through your property website and this can be troublesome if you have several calendars to update across several properties. This means you may let the same room out twice to two different sets of guests at the same time!
How can double bookings be avoided?
There are two ways to avoid double bookings:
Use a channel manager and bookings manager
Channel managers such as Guesty, Eviivo or Tokeet take some of the uncertainty of bookings away for you.
Positives of Using a Channel Manager
- Availability in all channels is blocked off when a booking is made in one channel. This theoretically happens instantly.
- Rates can be set for seasons and events.
- You can take payments upfront with a payment processor.
- You can invoice your guests from the software.
Problems with Using a Channel Manager
- You still have to set it all up as well as your profiles on multiple sites.
- Although theoretically the bookings are instantaneously transferred to all the connected channels, there is sometimes a lag.
- They are tricky to set up and get working correctly. Often support is limited after they’ve hooked you in.
- They can be costly on a small scale.
- You have to constantly check bookings and ensure payments have been collected.
If all this seems like too much hard work, let Short Stay St Andrews use their proprietary knowledge to manage all aspects of your holiday let in St Andrews for you. We offer a full range of holiday let management and Airbnb services in St Andrews and the East Neuk of Fife ranging from profile and listing setup, housekeeping, linen hire, 24/7 guest communications as well as a range of other services.
Use a local holiday let management company
Use a local holiday let management company such as Short Stay St Andrews, who are always 10 minutes drive away to deal with any issues as they arise.
Why you should use a Holiday Let Management Company such as Short Stay St Andrews
- Hassle-free set up. We set up your property on our platform to give maximum exposure.
- We craft your profile so it shows your property in its best light.
- We communicate with your guests from enquiry to review and everything in between.
- We handle all aspects of payment collection and invoicing.
- Our local team will be able to respond to any queries or problems within minutes.
- We ensure your property is properly equipped and safe for your guests.
- All maintenance issues will be dealt with swiftly.
Who are the best short term holiday let managers in St Andrews and East Neuk of Fife?
Short Stay St Andrews are experienced in all aspects of holiday let management with years of experience. We have over 1000 5 star reviews and have completed over 5000 turnovers. We are within one mile of the centre of St Andrews and are also active in the East Neuk of Fife. Click through to find out more or call Jordan on 07803926862. Our Airbnb Made Simple management will make letting your property hassle-free and most importantly, avoid the nightmare of a double booking!