- Ideal for 2 people
- Hard-shell popup roof tent with comfy mattress (but don’t expect The Ritz!)
- Fully kitted out Defender with a plethora of optional extras to make your life easier.
The Standard Equipment
- Table and chairs
- Powered fridge for your food (and beers!)
- Collapsible pots, pans and collander
- Cooking and preparation utensils and wash basin
Knife set and chopping board
- Plates, bowls, cutlery, mugs & plastic glasses
- Dual burner stove with one gas cylinder supplied.
- Cleaning and washing up supplies
- Salt, pepper and sugar
- Water storage tank – 1 full, 1 empty.
- Fire-lighting equipment
- Dustpan & brush to tidy up
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- LED lamp for inside tent
- LED external hanging lamp
- Head torches (you may laugh now!)
- Multi tool
- Bungee cords, portable washing line and cargo straps
- Army-issue folding shovel
- Storage boxes to keep organised
- Radio with MP3 and USB lead – radio not great in the wilderness…
- Firebox to create less intrusive fires
- Free copy of the Highlands and Islands book sent to you in advance.
- Recovery sandtracks – don’t put yourself in a position where you need to use them though! You don’t want to have to call the AA for that!
The following items can be added to your hire to make your life easier.
- Sleeping pack (sleeping bag, pillow and towel).
- GPS unit – recommended if you aren’t familiar with your destination.
- Awning – this sturdy awning can be attached to the side of the Defender – great if it’s raining and simple to use.
- Bike rack – the tow ball fitted bike rack can hold 2 bikes comfortably and securely.
- Bikes – we can rent you 2 decent mountain bikes.
- Midge protection – this might be your most important investment!
- Hot electric powered shower (surprisingly effective!).
- Charge of 45p per mile after 200 miles per day.
- Delivery of the vehicle to or collection from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Inverness subject to availability.
- Insurance for an extra person to drive
GPS unit – Garmin eTrex 30 Outdoor Handheld – recommended if you aren’t familiar with your destination. £50 per trip.
Awning – this sturdy awning can be attached to the side of the Defender – great if it’s raining and simple to use. This has to be pre-booked. £50 per trip.
Bike rack – the tow ball fitted bike rack can hold 2 bikes comfortably and securely. Subject to availability. £50 per trip if using own bikes, £25 if hiring bikes. We can rent you 2 decent mountain bikes if available. Enquire for prices.
Electric powered shower. Hook it up very simply to the leisure port within the vehicle. Surprisingly effective. £20 per trip.
Midge protection – this might be your most important investment! Priceless